Thursday, March 1, 2012

 These are the seeds we have started for the cold weather plants.

 This is our little greenhouse.






This is the little freezer we picked up for fifty bucks!  We'll use it to freeze the 2 liters that we have saved up this winter.  What will we do with them?  We'll keep the chickens and rabbits cool this summer.  Last summer was brutal and this summer is expected to be the same.
 These are our chickens.  We are expecting eggs this month!


MM did a fantastic job on the coop and run.  Haven't had a predator get in yet! 





Potatoes ready for planting in the tires.



Potato tires.




This is our new compost area where we are making the most of all the oak leaves and used straw from the chicken coop.
It holds about 100 bags of leaves and straw with room to spare.



This is the huge hole we are digging to capture additional rain run-off.  Once completed we will build a form and pour cement in it.  We can then use our sump pump to water the back yard gardens.

I forgot to take pics of the rain barrel system that MM built me.  They work fantastic and inspired this hole.








This is my son Nate and my sweet Sarah Anne digging the hole.

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration!! Maybe I need to take a road trip to Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE that!!! Just let me know when!!!

    ReplyDelete